We all know the moral of “slow and steady” wins the race! Working at one’s own pace is a guaranteed way to success. This fall, families have that same opportunity with writing and history! A self-paced program is offered this fall for all volumes of Connecting with History. Students will work on their paragraph-writing skills under no “race schedule.” Family sets the schedule to ensure that the work is completed before the end of the school year with plenty of teacher interaction and support. To learn more and to register, click here.
Join us in Fall 2022!
IEW’s new DVD program is a huge hit with students and parents! Your family can enjoy the writing journey as well. Students will learn skills and have a few laughs with Mr. Pudewa throughout this course.
Writing does not have to be stressful. If you are not comfortable with editing your students’ assignments, you can register below for personalized feedback on your students’ writing whenever you are ready. There’s no deadlines or additional classwork required. Simply follow the DVD lesson plans for the school year, and I will handle the editing.
Adding writing to your lesson plans could not be any easier or more successful than this! Register here!
While the lazy days of summer may be upon us, students can still be encouraged to write informally. Here are some ideas for summer writing:
- VACATION JOURNAL – Provide child with a colorful notebook and encourage that a few sentences are written every day about what the family experienced and how he/she felt. Adding some colorful pens makes the experience more enjoyable, too!
- LETTERS – While we are still in a social-distancing lifestyle, writing letters to grandparents, family, and friends who you may not be able to visit this year would not only be composition practice but also compassion practice. Maybe the children will receive a response letter in the mail, and that’s always exciting!
- COPYWORK – Pull out a piece of classical literature or any well-written book and have your student copy a short paragraph each day. This timeless method exposes students to literature, grammar, spelling, and vocabulary while working on their handwriting skills.
These are just a few simple suggestions on keeping the writing wheels turning during the break between official school years. Hopefully this will inspire you to find ways that work best for your family! Have a safe and restful summer!
Are your students confused by comma usage or need some extra practice and review?
Do they receive many edits in their assignments about commas?
If so, there’s help on the way!
One of the most common errors in writing is the placement of commas. Either commas are placed where one thinks a comma should be, or a comma is NOT placed where it needs to be. How can one know?
With this day and age of “just Google it,” I have to respond that one cannot always Google something. There are some things that one just needs to know, and that is especially true with students learning to write. They won’t be able to use reference when taking exams, so knowing some basic rules will make a huge difference.
Next school year, return here to receive grammar, punctuation, and spelling tips that can guide your student! Better yet, sign up for a class so that your child’s writing can receive personalized feedback!
I hope you find this video helpful in learning more about my online classes here through Stylistic Scribe! (click)
Please note that every learning situation is SIMILAR in content. Specific details will vary because of the type of learning situation (self-based, live, or editing of assignments only). No matter which format you choose for your family, feedback through class documents and emails are always provided.
While I cannot SEE my students in person, I certainly become acquainted with them through their class behavior and writing. They have impressive manners and follow directions well. Undoubtedly, these characteristics make it a pleasure to teach them. Thank you, students! You and your supportive parents certainly rock my online world!
Online classes are an important component in the homeschool world. While they have been around for several years so far, only a portion of the homeschool community has ventured into this aspect of homeschooling. However, times are changing. More students are taking online classes.
What’s so important about online classes?
Online classes provide your students with the technological knowledge that they will need to succeed in our digital world and in any career. In addition to helping students develop technological skills through the access of online classes from the comfort of their own homes, online writing classes offered here support parents in homeschooling the subjects of English and composition writing with the goal of providing an enjoyable and engaging experience for students.
Students today are native to technology – they were born into it, and they are growing up in a world where technology always has been and always will be a major part of their lives. They gravitate toward it, and they seem to have an innate sense of how to relate to technology. Understanding how our students relate to technology is a critical part of preparing them for the future.
Advantages to Adding Online Classes to Your Students’ Homeschools
So, bearing all that in mind, here are some of the benefits of having your students take an online class:
- Students learn the technology skills required for their future in a safe and educational way.
- Online classes utilize powerful technology. Using the power of Google & Mighty Network, IEW online classes utilize tools for learning that tap into the world of writing, where students learn in an exciting, engaging, and meaningful way. Each class has a portal where students can access all of the information, resources, and assignments for that class. Students will also use the portal to turn in their assignments, take quizzes, or communicate directly with the teacher.
- Recorded, self-pace classes allow students the luxury to pause and review a session as needed.
- All classes are 100% teacher supported.
- Students will be learning with other students from all over the world!
- Online classes are designed to deliver the highest quality at the lowest-possible price, and that price is offered to you regularly so you never have to worry about missing a sale or a special promotion.
- Online classes break the monotony of regular book work, and students look forward to the online excitement!
There are many options for ONLINE CLASSES
I hope to meet YOUR student soon!
Wrapping up the school year is always exciting; isn’t it? However, before you toss away all those papers, I hope you will save some of your children’s best work.
In all of my classes, students are expected to keep a portfolio of their written assignments. IEW calls the final, revised, clean copy of an assignment the “Polished Draft.” The Polished Draft is to be placed in a binder within a page protector. Pictures to accompany each assignment’s topic is encouraged. By the end of the school year, students have a collection of all their hard work. It is so enjoyable to look back at the children’s writing over the years and see the gradual improvement. Saving samples of written work is not only sentimental, but sometimes colleges request writing samples from high schoolers. This would be a timesaver to have an organized portfolio. If you haven’t already done this for your students for this school year, there’s still time!
Salvation History is the theme of my upcoming classes, which will prove to create charming, personalized books by the end of the next school year! Check them out on the right side: choose the “ONLINE CLASSES” option under “PAGES.”
I look forward to guiding your students towards creating delightful portfolios next school year! 😊
It’s that time of year …
Home school conventions are around the corner, and curriculum sales abound! With so many homeschool products available, it is hard to decide what is the best curriculum. Believe me … I know! With over 25 years of homeschooling under my belt, I can honestly state that I have jumped on many bandwagons as new products evolved over time.
Some worked well for one child but not another.
Others worked well for ALL four of my children, such as IEW! 🙂
When we find something that works, we stick to it! IEW is truly an effective program. I am honored to be able to teach this curriculum to many students every year and witness outstanding results! If you want to hear other testimonies about IEW and my classes, please read what parents have shared under the “Testimonials” link on the right side of this page.
Together we can create excellent writers!
Be sure to check out my classes under “ONLINE CLASSES” link
on the right side of this page.